Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Wet Spot

So last night I slept in the wet spot.  Not the good kind.  Although, is there really such a thing as a "good kind of wet spot?" 

You see, earlier in the day my son, Satan as I like to call him, enjoyed pouring water into my bed.  He realized that if he moved around it made the water flow in different directions.  While this is certainly a good experiment in physics (I think it's physics. I never took physics. In fact, I suck at math and science so it could be geometry or calculus or something else but I'll just go with physics because it sounds good.  Anyway, I digress (see Profile regarding digression)). 

This occurred, of course, while I was in the bathroom.  Isn't that always what happens?  Not the pouring the water part, but all mischief in general.  You take one minute to pee and the kids burn down the house or neuter the dogs.

I did not have an opportunity to change the sheets or dry the mattress because I have two 2 year olds.  I thought I'd get to it before I went to bed.  My husband went to sleep before I did so I never got to it at all. 

In the morning as my darling husband was leaving for work he said, "By the way, what's with the beach towel you were sleeping on?"   UGH.  I can't believe my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment